Thursday, October 28, 2010

Porch Chaser


... When distant thunder reveilles the
clouds to assemble in formation;
when lightning marches them by in
review; when rain and hail gather
forces with wind, there I am, camera
in hand, embe dded with the troops.

When meteorologists call for a threat
of storms; when radars ramp up to
alert level red; when the reporter in
me leaps at the chance to record
events as they happen, there I am,
camera in hand, ready to catch it all.

No car (have cane, will travel). No
paying for gas; no afternoon stops at
greasy spoons or overnights at roach
motels; always a chance for a bust in
the forecast: no matter. There I'll be,
camera in hand. Call me Porch Chaser.

(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (12/3)

1 comment:

LadyJtalks said...

I think it's just as good when you can't be there on the chase. you keep others updated and certainly know more about clouds then I do...so i'll be sitting next to you when I move asking questions with my camera rolling also.